Table Tennis Group Rules
- Members of the Table Tennis Group must also be members of the Concordia Club in good standing.
- An annual Table Tennis Group membership fee applies (as does a Concordia Club membership fee).
- A Table Tennis Group membership meeting is held in November of each year when elections take place to decide on a group President, Treasurer and Secretary.
- The membership fee – determined at the annual membership meeting – is due by February 1st of each year. The present fee is $25.00 per player.
- New members may join the group from January to Thanksgiving in any given year. After Thanksgiving, membership will be deferred until the following year.
- Our group is mainly funded by running a booth during the annual Oktoberfest celebrations. Members who are able are asked to help out by taking a couple of 3 - 3.5 hour shifts during this nine-day event.
Non-Concordia Club Members or Guests
- The Concordia Club allows guests up to two months of play to get acquainted with the Group and the Club/Group regulations.
- A guest fee of $3.00 applies per session payable before starting play.
- Should the guest decide to join the Group his/her paid guest fees will be credited to the annual group membership fee.
- Should the guest decide not to join the Concordia Club or become a Table Tennis Group member he/she is only allowed to play for a limited time as an invited guest of a group member, providing a table is available. Group members have first choice of play.
Table Tennis Play Rules
- We generally follow European Table Tennis rules in which a game is won by the first player (or team) to reach 11 points unless the opposing side has 10 points. In such a case, play continues with alternate sides serving until one side is ahead by 2 points.
- The first side to win the best 2 out of 3 games wins the match.
- We mostly play random team doubles however singles play is allowed provided there are enough tables to accommodate this.
- Players should limit themselves to maximum of 30 minutes of playtime at any table.
- After 30 minutes teams should split up and join other tables or ask any waiting players to join in.
- No player should refuse to play against any other player if challenged.
- The Table Tennis play times are on Wednesday mornings from 10:00 A.M. to noon and on Thursday evenings from 7:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
We occasionally host informal tournaments when there is enough participation to make it worthwhile. These rules apply during tournament play.
- Tournament rules have to be followed once you have signed up.
- During the tournament participants have to play scheduled games first before starting “fun games” however some warm up play is permitted.